1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

All you gymnast enthusiasts out there....Please help

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by DBrent, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I have an interview this Monday and I have to teach gymnastics to a group of year 1 boys. My gym knowledge isnt too bad but I really need to impress and deliver a top lesson so any ideas you have I'd love to hear about them,

Thanks.

2. Only just seen this post so I'm guessing you've already taught your lesson! I was going to suggest making the lesson inclusive so that all pupils can take part no matter what their ability. One method I use for younger pupils is the traffic light system. For example, if I was teaching balances, I would make a green resource card for balances ALL pupils should be able to do, a yellow card with balances MOST should be able to do and a red card for more advanced balances SOME will be able to do. For an interview this is ideal as you probably won't have that good an idea of their ability and it caters to all as pupils choose which they want to do.
    Hope it went ok for you!! Let us know what you did!