1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

All schools to become academies.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Malenko, Mar 15, 2016.

?

As a teacher I am ...

1. in favour of the proposed changes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. against the proposed changes.

84.6%
  3. reserving judgement whilst awaiting further information.

15.4%
  4. indifferent to the proposed changes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Malenko

Malenko New commenter

Opinions ...

For me:
    - I missed this proposed massive overhaul in the Conservative Manifesto (It wasn't there - though pro-academisation rhetoric was)

- I missed the evidence that academisation works at the primary level. As did the Education Select Committee http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201415/cmselect/cmeduc/258/25809.htm#a42. (This isn't to say the evidence is there at secondary level, rather that this is a much larger step because relatively few primaries are acadmies; and also because of this there is less of an evidence base to draw from - so the step is both more radical and with less possibility of supporting evidence).

- From the above, why are the Conservatives (previously the Con-Dems, but with one party obviously the source of policy) enforcing overhauls of public sector provision (see NHS), with neither a mandate nor (so far as I'm aware) significant expert or professional backing, pursuing this policy?

cassandramark2 and teacup71 like this.