1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

All I want is to be rich and thin ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon8315, Mar 16, 2016.

1. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

it's not too much to ask now, is it? :)

Seriously, I do need to lose weight. In following on from the 'girly' thread about handbags on here, is anyone with me? I've been v low of late and I think a penchant for late night eating with crisps and cake hasn't helped matters.

I love TES for its support, anyone fancy supporting me in this?

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I buy a lottery ticket each week in my ongoing hope to be rich.

I support your desire to be rich as long as you share with me! ;)

badger_girl likes this.
  3. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Well, I can give no practical advice as I'm comfortably upholstered but sending good vibes.

4. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Been struggling since the new year. Three years ago, lost a stone and a half doing the 5-2. Started again in January and have only lost 5 pounds. Have also given up drinking, now biscuits, cake etc etc. Really bored now.

5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Can't do anything about the rich either.

6. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I'd rather be poor, fat and happy.

Flere-Imsaho and ValentinoRossi like this.
  7. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Me too. I don't overeat but the pounds just seem to pile on. So I am going to be fat and happy and when I retire I will be poor.

ValentinoRossi and Lascarina like this.
  8. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I'm still stuck with some podge since Christmas and think rich and thin is better than poor and fat but obviously happy is the best. I aim at all three (I buy lottery tickets and premium bonds - you've got to be in it to win it ;) )

badger_girl and Lascarina like this.
  9. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

10. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

In theory I agree, but I do find it hard to feel happy when I don't feel good about myself :)

Jesmond, the TV? I don't have one!

robyn148 likes this.
  11. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Why don't you get one? It might distract you and make you feel happier. In the winter I'd be a right misery without one.

ValentinoRossi likes this.
  12. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I did a 15 min session on the (old person's) sit and cycle contraption. I was howling laughing when the older Jack Russell jumped up on my knee and proceeded to have a "roller coaster" ride as he perched precariously on my left quads. I did another 5 mins with his as "resistance"

Turn on 12 hours I was in agony as my hips howled. I got next to no sleep as I couldn't even turn over in bed. So much for more exercise ..... I must stick to swimming.

We have turned the weather corner @badger_girl ... I always eat more when it's cold. Trouble is..... I am married to the thinnest man in the world and one who is only happy when he is bringing chocolate home to me when he finishes working at his shop job. He arrives home with it when I am at my lowest ebb..... post 9pm...a danger time for me being hungry!!!

So...if you are an evening snacker like me... try to keep busy at night to keep your mind off the hunger pangs and the sugar cravings....

13. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Have we? It was perishing cold down here today- the wind cut me in half.

14. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

I'm 6ft 4in tall and weigh 11st 3 lbs and I eat a great deal.

But, I'm never still and do very physically demanding work so, my advice to anyone worried about their weight is this.

Get a cleaning job.

15. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Also:

We haven't turned the weather corner.

The weather here is grim. It's bitterly cold. I call it 'killer weather'. It freezes you to the core and is some of the coldest weather we've had all winter.

It may be higher temperature wise but the wind chill factor makes it bitterly, bitterly cold killer weather.

Don't forget your mittens.

Lascarina likes this.
  16. ValentinoRossi

ValentinoRossi Star commenter

Well.

From experience...

I have been with "rich and thin". Felt fine at the time, but that's because I was in gaga land.

What a waste of aspiration.

Poor, fat, thin, wealthy... what the ****. All that matters is when you feel fulfilled. And that is never truly based on body image or money IMO.

rosievoice likes this.
  17. nomad

nomad Star commenter

18. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

At the times when you are unemployed and sit about all day, do you get fat?

19. nomad

nomad Star commenter

[​IMG]

20. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I think I must have anorexia, because every time I look in the mirror, I see a fat woman looking back at me..... oh, wait....!