1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

All help greatly appreciated :)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by callum97, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Hi, I am an nqt and I am planning for a topic. I am doing very well but I am struggling with Geography.

My theme is the 40s and the 60s and I have a yr 6 class. With the 40s I could look at countries involved in the war etc but does anyone have any help for the 60s?

Any help regarding the 40s and 60s would be greatly appreciated...

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

World Cup countries? I'd have to do it as child led research type learning, cos it would bore me rigid but my last year's class would have loved it.

Something to do with countries involved with the space race to land a man on the moon?

3. Do you have to have a geography focus? In my topics, I tend to have a geog focus one term and a history focus the next.
    If you do, could you look very sensitively at the Vietnam war? I'm sure there would be loads of opportunities for discussing how the topography of the area impacted on the war.
    Sorry, can't think of anything else!

4. Oooh, prefer Minnie's space race suggestion!

5. Thanks for all your ideas :) Very helpful.

This is a history topic so I was finding geography a bit tricky to fit in. Have some ideas to help me along a bit more

6. akimbo

akimbo New commenter

Hi ,
    I am wondering why you would do 40s and 60s... without mentioning 50s.. or did you mean 40-60s? From geog point of view you could look at how members of the commonwealth countries came to the UK or how travel and tourism developed from local/seaside to going overseas...
    can you link to your local situation or make links with another place?