1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

All Clear

Discussion in 'Personal' started by irs1054, Nov 9, 2015.

1. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

:)
    Just spent the morning with the wife in the eye clinic of the local hospital.:confused:
    We were referred there by our optician a little over a month ago because of possible glaucoma.:eek:
    My wife's family has a history of glaucoma and she has diabetes so possible problems but this was a bolt from the blue for me plus there was the possibility of early onset AMD.:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    We had two letters each saying we were in the system but no appointment.o_O
    My wife rang on Friday to see when we might get an appointment letter, the hospital said there was a sixteen week waiting list just to get an appointment letter.:mad:
    A few minutes after my wife put the phone down the hospital rang back, they had had a cancellation for two appointments back to back first thing Monday.:D
    Spent a couple of hours chasing each other around going from the pretest to the doctor to the stereo scan to the retinoscan and back to the doctor again.:confused::confused:
    Actually the doctor didn't order the retinoscan for my wife but the staff got carried away.:p
    Finally the doctor saw us together and told us the good news that all of our eyes were in the clear.:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Now completely knackered.:confused::confused::confused::confused:(couldn't find the "completely knackered" emoticon)
    :cool:

ScotSEN, marlin and InkyP like this.
  2. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Good news!

You've used up your emoticon quota for the next month.

ScotSEN and kibosh like this.
  3. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

All's well that ends well!!

Congratulations.

ScotSEN likes this.
  4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

5. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

Thanks all, it was an emoticon rollercoaster of a morning.

kibosh likes this.
  6. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

7. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Glad to hear it.

8. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I thought the emoticons were all pictures of the eyes at various point in the tests and scans.