1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

All about me sheet

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Miss N, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Does anyone send a sheet home to parents of my new pupils which gets them to describe their child's likes, dislikes, interests, difficulties, skills, family members etc? In September it will be my second year in reception and at the cluster meetings, LA advisors have said that OfSTED like these to be done by the parents and attached to their learning journeys. Would anyone be willing to share theirs with me? Thanks in advance!

nhobbs81@hotmail.com

2. Does anyone send a sheet home to parents of my new pupils which gets them to describe their child's likes, dislikes, interests, difficulties, skills, family members etc? In September it will be my second year in reception and at the cluster meetings, LA advisors have said that OfSTED like these to be done by the parents and attached to their learning journeys. Would anyone be willing to share theirs with me? Thanks in advance!

nhobbs81@hotmail.com

3. Hi there, we don't send a sheet home at first, we have a sheet that we fill in with the children one to one asking them what they enjoyed doing in nursery, what they like about their new classroom, what they like doing at home and what they don't. We just scribe what they say and put it in their file. We also give parents a sheet that they fill in during each parents day in Aut, Spr and Sum - we ask them to provide information about what they enjoy doing, what they don't, and anything else they can tell us - for example if they don't talk about school at all, if they maybe don't do what they are told etc, basically any information at all. This is just an A4 sheet split into 3 sections and is completed throughout the year - we then have a similar sheet with next steps from the parents information, again if the parent has written that they don't do what they are told, we may do a circle time to talk to children about doing what we are told at home and in school - this is then written on that sheet so parents and people like Ofsted can see our responses to parents comments.
    Hope this helps? Not sure if I've explained it properly so let me know if you need me to explain further.
    Sara

4. At the home visit we have a page for the parents and a page for the children.
    The parent's one says:
    x is (a brief outline of what they're like and anything significant from their past)...
    x is good at...
    x likes...
    x doesn't like...

The children's one says:
    This is me: (with a box for the child to draw a picture of themselves in)
    My name is: (box to write their name)
    Things I like: (box to draw/write/make marks).
    It gives us a good opportunity to see what their pencil grip is like and if they can write their name or not. Plus the parents sheet lets us know if the cohort as a whole have a shared interest or indeed a shared fear!

5. Have sent you one I used to send home! Hope it helps!

6. magmac,
    Would you mind sending me a copy?
    I'd be very grateful [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance x
    wardcat@hotmail.com

7. OK Sent!

8. Hi
    Being cheeky but would it be poss to send me a copy as well please?
    Many thanks

9. No problem but can you post your e-mail address please!

10. OK Sent!

11. JO9832

JO9832 New commenter

12. OK Sent!

13. OK Sent!