1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alfie is one year old tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Kinsa, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hoorah! And he is twice the size of the big boy we were given in October!

2. and he is a Hearing Dog for the Deaf Puppy. Please consider supporting this charity which is the poor relation of Guide Dogs for the Blind.

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Wow - is it really a whole year already?
    Happy birthday dear Alfie. I'll send a donation to HDD in your honour. xx

4. You are such a sweetie, Northern Lady boy, It's a really nice charity - the poor relation of Guide Dogs for the Blind.
    If you still have a garage of stuff, am planning to send a load of things to The Gambia soon.

5. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Hee, hee!! Alas, the goodies in the garage are long gone (to the delight of several local primary schools).
    However, I've got an entire house to clear (ongoing fun project), so if you can give me an idea of what other things would be useful/welcome I'd be glad to send 'em down to you. [​IMG]

6. Will be in touch soon. xx

7. impis

impis New commenter

Pictures please!!
    A link to his picture online somewhere would do.
    Even better would be a youtube video of him doing his stuff!!
    My dog [and I ] work for the "Pets as Therapy" scheme. He has a lovely time, and I have made some great new friends.

8. Happy birthday, o wondrous dog! x

9. I have been trying to post a picture of him as my avatar but have had no luck! Managed to do it accidentally on Facebook. To be honest, he looks like every other black Lab except he is very shiny and fit. Saw Pets as Therapy at the Hearing Dog Summer Fair (at the Grange, Princes Risborough) and Canine Partners. What great work these dogs can do. Also saw a dog trained to help a recipient who is both blind and deaf.

10. My avatar - eventually - shows Alfie, aged 6 months 'enjoying' Christmas'. Black Labradors have a way of looking at you as if you are mad, but are trying to indulge you.

11. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Yay! Alfie is such a gorgeous boy. :)

12. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

My ***** cats do not agree! Alfie is very....let me say....playful and friendly with ***** cats [​IMG]

13. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Oh dear.
    My dog loves cats. But not in a good way. [​IMG]

14. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Books for the bookstall we're running at the local dog rescue funday. All proceeds to nthe dog rescue, it's the rescue organisation who gave us the most gorgeous Weimaraner, she is so lovely and naffectionate.

Any other donations of books accepted.

15. In his defence, that was the first time he had come into close contact with cats... And it was quite funny seeing him pursue them at top speed through the shrubbery. And scattering your guests - oops!

16. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Just out of interest, what does one have to do to get a hearing dog?

17. Well, I have some leaflets/forms I could send you. (Belle will vouch for me.) Or you could contact the Hearing Dogs website and apply. There is probably a waiting list as up to a half of the puppies don't make the grade. You get matched with a dog suited to your circumstances - they are all shapes and sizes. You could go to the summer fair at the Grange, Princes Risborough in June 2012 and meet trainers etc. Good luck if you decide to follow this route. Hearing Dogs are lovely!! Especially Alfie!

18. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes it was rather amusing. Every one thought it was hilarious......except the cats! Even Wicket looked a bit shocked! The cats have since fuly recovered [​IMG]