1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alevel innovation challenge OCR F521

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by louisesara, Jan 11, 2010.

1. I have just started teaching a level and there are no resources at all available to me, i'm on a bit of a begging mission to see if anyone has any they are willing to share for f521?
    again, thanks in advance,
    lharris@minster.hereford.sch.uk

2. just going through some of the info i have for my year 12s . i have been teaching the OCR IC for 3 years reasonably successfully, i am happy to share some of my resources if some one would share some ideas and lesson for quick simple modelling exercises. the group i have now are very unnatural at modelling and i have not had to focus on this much in the past

3. Hello, im in NQT and have been given the lead role over 15 AS level students who all come from a graphics background. I am trained as a graphics/RM teacher, but feel more comfortable teaching the product design via a RM persuasion much to the disappointment to my students. However, they hate the IC as they dislike drawing and "expect" me to teach them how to be creative.lol.

Anyway, any resources you have i would be gratefully thankful. In return i can give you some tips on modeling techniques and quickfire tasks that can get students thinking about their work.

Give me a quick email :)

pink_butterfly2003@hotmail.com

Laura :)

4. <font face="Times New Roman" size="3">

</font>

I have just been looking through TES for any inspiration,
    tips, examples etc for the innovation
    challenge and saw the posts about it. We also deliver this course and find the
    innovation challenge really hard, however we prepare for it. We have tried
    everything. </font>
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3">

</font>The latest thing that we have done is have 3 design teachers
    (myself included) taking part in a condensed version of the innovation
    challenge just to give the student&rsquo;s a bit of inspiration. It has worked but
    they are all a little uninspired as they are all in for the re-sit. </font>