1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ALAN Tests

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by scentless_apprentice, May 8, 2012.

1. This question has probably already been asked before but I couldn't find a response on the forum...
    Do students with ALAN Level 2 still count as a 'Grade C' for a) the students concerned and b) on a school's headline figures?
    I still keep getting conflicting messages and I'm considering putting a few of our C/D borderliners in for ALAN Level 2. I am aware of the moral issues involved but when your SLT is completely results focussed it's difficult not to succumb to temptation!
    Cheers
    Scentless

2. Thanks to both of you.

3. On a slightly related note......
    We have been putting students in for ALAN for the last couple of years - mainly as we know some of the colleges etc in the area will accept it if the student does not get a C.
    The ALAN tests appear to be coming to an end this year and we are wondering what to do instead. We have looked at functional skills qualification but were wondering if any one else was considering something else as an alternative?