1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alan Peat Non-fiction

Discussion in 'Primary' started by clawthorpegirl, Apr 18, 2011.

1. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Hi hoping someone can help, have left Alan Peat non-fiction writing book at school and am trying to plan unit of work for Y2 on Non-chronological reports. Would be grateful if someone could post the basic structure and features AP recommends as each class in school tries to work from this for consistency.

Thanks in advance.

2. I have this book in front of me but am not totally sure what you want- I have about 20 mins before I need to go out How can I help?

3. Sequence of lessons
    1. Brainstorm- create spidergram
    2.Model completing info grid for factual reports
    3.Deconstruct an actual report
    4.Pupils complete info rec grid
    T5.eacher models and demonstrates planning then pupils plan own report using success sheet 1
    6. Pupils evaluate own report using success sheet 2
    Teacher gives feedback on pupil re[orts and evaluations - oral or writen
    8. Teacher leads examination of report by pupil and dscusses how sty;e ids improved by choosing formal/objective lang
    9. Teacher completes info rec grid poss related to study in another area Completed grid given to pupils to use as starting point for writing their report
    10 Teacher summarises what has been learned about this text type

4. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Great thanks again!