1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AHT INTERVIEW WRITTEN TASK?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by BEXLEYDALEATLYNDON, Jul 17, 2011.

1. HI ALL,
    I HAVE AN INTERVIEW FOR ASSISTANT HEAD TEACHER AT MY CURRENT SECONDARY SCHOOL NEXT WEEK- AN INTERNAL POST.
    I HAVE A 45 MIN WRITTEN TASK TO CONDUCT PRIOR TO MY INTERVIEW. ANY IDEAS WHAT THIS MAY BE?
    THE ROLE IS CPD CO-ORD (RAISING STANDARDS OF T&L) AND BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR NQTS/ITTS/GTPS.
    THANKS
    BECKY

2. HI ALL,
    I HAVE AN INTERVIEW FOR ASSISTANT HEAD TEACHER AT MY CURRENT SECONDARY SCHOOL NEXT WEEK- AN INTERNAL POST.
    I HAVE A 45 MIN WRITTEN TASK TO CONDUCT PRIOR TO MY INTERVIEW. ANY IDEAS WHAT THIS MAY BE?
    THE ROLE IS CPD CO-ORD (RAISING STANDARDS OF T&L) AND BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR NQTS/ITTS/GTPS.
    THANKS
    BECKY

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Honestly, it could be absolutely anything and the worst thing you could do is trawl for other people's experiences and then try to prepare for them - because that could well be a colossal waste of valuable preparation time.
    Aim to be on top of your game in terms of school improvement as well as the aspects of this role and remember - just because the job is advertised as CPD etc, it doesn't mean the head will keep you in it, as heads do like to appoint flexible people to their SLT, so that roles can be rotated or reassigned.
    Therefore - the task might actually be nothing to do with the role advertised.

4. Middlemarch

PS Please don't send messages in upper case (capital letters) - it's SHOUTING.
    Similarly, in the line of your professional work (e.g. preparing a Powerpoint presentation) ensure that your text is in the appropriate mix of upper and lower case letters.

5. THANKS FOR THIS.
    IT IS PRETTY MUCH AS I EXPECTED. I AM MAKING SURE I AM REALLY WELL-PREPARED FOR THE INTERVIEW AND WILL DEAL WITH THE TASK WHEN IT ARISES.

BECKY

6. abaine2

abaine2 New commenter

CONVENTIONS TRANSMOGRIFY

7. A polite request - but do you think you could just speak in plain English please?

8. Middlemarch

And research has shown that writing entirely in upper case is more difficult to read.
    It's not just me being picky, you see.

9. Middlemarch

10. abaine2

abaine2 New commenter

Point taken and sorry for going in hard. I think the main piece of etiquette that you missed was the bit about being nice to newbies. Have a good day, good to cross light swords once in a while. End of thread.

11. Middlemarch

Call me an old nitpicker, but I don't believe I was in the least bit 'not nice' to the OP.

12. abaine2

abaine2 New commenter

Fair enough but you know what is sometimes said; between the intention and the reality falls the shadow. Now let peace reign upon this robust, feisty and fair forum. Good day to you MM.