1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AHT (inclusion) in tray tasks

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by etotheip, May 1, 2012.

1. Thinking of applying for the above position but was wondering what could these tasks be? I know there will be some kind of presentation.

E.

2. Thinking of applying for the above position but was wondering what could these tasks be? I know there will be some kind of presentation.

E.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

How long is a piece of string? We've had this question before and there's no definitive answer -it can be whatever the school decides. So we could suggest lots of ideas and then it could be something completely different.
    However if you do a quick search on Jobseekers only, for ideas which have previously suggested, it might give some idea.

4. Done this but very little turned up, hence the post.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

6. Thank you - I had read two of these before but not all

7. Can they put it back?

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Not without enormous work and cost, I would imagine.

Best wishes

9. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

The point of in-tray exercises is to examine each candidate's ability to make decisions, know when to delegate and prioritise. As such, you can be given a range of different scenarios, letters, issues, complaints, etc; you must then use your experience, knowldge and skills to make decisions about how these should be dealt with.
    If you have the right experience, skills and knowledge they are an absolute piece of cake. If you haven't, no amount of feverish attempts to amass enough examples of them will teach you how to handle them.