1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AH! The government has looked into the failure of state schools' treatment of children with special needs.

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by hollyleaf, Feb 24, 2012.

1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-17131686

2. Ruthie66

Ruthie66 New commenter

Oh they've just noticed have they - how astute of them.

3. I know. I know.

4. I wonder how long it will be before our esteemed government realise that dismantling state education will only lead to a more dysfunctional, less integrated hotch potch of a system that will actually cost more and lead to an even greater disparity between the haves and the have nots?

5. I may be just an old cockeyed optimist but truthfully, nothing that they could do would make it worse. It was a low as it could possible go.

6. R13

R13 New commenter

I think you will be proved wrong as more of those who can afford it more to private schools and state support for education dwindles in the coming years

7. Every child is entiteled to a Free Appropriate Public Education. This is a field that wants some trained lawyers. After a few schools lose suits and are forced to become accountable the field will change. No more TAs being used to babysit the most severely disabled children!