1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AH post with no deputy?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by minnieminx, Jan 30, 2012.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm looking at primary AH posts. I'm not ready to run a school by myself and so am not looking at DH just yet.

However I have seen an AH post advertised which shares a HT with another school. Both small schools have their own AH and there is an overall executive HT. How does this usually work? (I know all schools will be slightly different.) There are no deputies.

I can meet all the person spec criteria, but it is such a different post to the one I imagined I'd be looking at I thought I'd ask here for any thoughts first. Would someone looking for a first SLT role be a suitable candidate?

Any advice, even the 'don't be so daft' sort would be welcome.

Thank you.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

More difficult
    More fulfilling
    More responsible
    More scary
    More worrying
    More fun
    Less sleep
    :)
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm not sure that is always quite correct.

There are a zillion reasons why me doing that job would be impossible in my school and few to do with my abilities or lack of.

But I think I see your point and yes I probably could...maybe... On a good day...