1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ah! My favourite Apprentice episode!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Aquamarina1234, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

The lies! The cloud cuckoo plans! The abject daftness!
    And most of all - a hangover cure? REALLY? Obvs try sinking fewer than 3 units an hour, but we've all already tried pints of water, diorylite and Berocca.
    Time and sleep. But better than that... less booze! All free!
    SO Lord S, wanna give me £250K to advise people thus? If you dont, surely the NHS would be interested?

2. Aquamarina1234

Oh look! Business people everywhere clap Lord S for not encouraging workers to turn up half cut the next day!

3. Photo51

Photo51 Established commenter

They were all rubbish.

FrankWolley likes this.
  4. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Ooh I forgot it was on! I watched the Christmas saving money programme with Alex and Steph then I’m a Celebrity! Please don’t say who won it till tomorrow! X

5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

More than likely. Don't you think it a shame though, Madge, that those on zero hours contracts never get the chance to watch the Apprentice, since they have to be abed early in order to be up at the crack of midnight to catch a bus to some God-forsaken hole in the hope they'll get the chance of a minimum wage, backbreaking job.

If only they had the chance to stay up later and watch the telly, so they could see how easy it is for toss pots to get a decent job.

6. Aquamarina1234

Oh dear! Sorry if I spoilt it!

7. Photo51

I know people on zero hours who watch it.
    There hasn't been a job on offer since 2010.

8. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Yes - none of their business plans would have lasted 5 minutes in the Dragon's Den...

lrw22 likes this.
  9. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

It's all hokum. If Sugar et al privy to the plans at the beginning it would be obvious which ones are not going to fly / appeal ....Should do the interview round earlier. The format needs a massive shake up or binning

10. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

The format was designed when he was looking for an employee to be his 'apprentice'..Then it tuned out he didn't have 'real' jobs for the winners! So they tweaked it...but the tasks are designed (if that's not too serious a term) to choose someone with a good personality/skill set, but (in reality) he just wants a potential business he can make money out of.

11. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Yes I understand the focus of the programme appears to have changed. I am often at a loss to agree with Claude's appraisal of the candidates. Camilla - very bright ? Her and Sian both having read Law ( if I heard correctly ? ) . What would Margaret/ Nick make of it all !?

12. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

@Over_the_hill The winner will be announced on Sunday.

Mr Sillow and I thought the interviews were a bit flat this year. Too much nicey-nicey, not enough really drilling down. I think they've gradually gone this way. I remember the year someone was pulled up about lying about having completed a uni course. This year their backgrounds weren't mentioned at all, too many of them were told their business "had legs" and the interviewers didn't seem as harsh.

It seemed less job interview and more having a chat.

lrw22 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Photo51

I'd like them to be given a business rask for once. Like deciding whether to offshore a call centre, which factory to close or which people to let go

14. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

I just watched it. I thought all the candidates were quite poor this year. The only one I rated was Jackie and she went weeks ago. I don't really care who wins out of those two!

Photo51 likes this.