1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Agnus Castus?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by 230382, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Just wondering if anybody has taken this to aid fertility- inparticular to boost ovualtion? I came off the pill after 7 years last May and since then, although I've been having monthly periods (a bit irregular still as well) I'm not ovulating. I've been to doctor who says it's just a waiting game and my body will start to ovulate naturally when it's ready but I'm keen to find out what I can do naturally to give my system the kick start it needs. I've been reading about Agnus Castus on the net but not sure how much to take and on which days of the month? Has anyone taken this before or had a similar problem? I've also heard grapefruit juice might help!?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Hi,
    Just wondering if anybody has taken this to aid fertility- inparticular to boost ovualtion? I came off the pill after 7 years last May and since then, although I've been having monthly periods (a bit irregular still as well) I'm not ovulating. I've been to doctor who says it's just a waiting game and my body will start to ovulate naturally when it's ready but I'm keen to find out what I can do naturally to give my system the kick start it needs. I've been reading about Agnus Castus on the net but not sure how much to take and on which days of the month? Has anyone taken this before or had a similar problem? I've also heard grapefruit juice might help!?

Many thanks in advance.

3. Kimmy85

Kimmy85 New commenter

i too have read lots of research and have bought and begun to use it.
    However I have PCOS, have recently come off the pill...but had a copper iud fitted, im not TTC but rather gettting rid of the fake hormones out of my system. i have been using it with progesterone cream...not recoommended for TTC i believe.

Cannot say it has helped my periods much, i am still trying to work them out...had 2 since late october.

Kim

4. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

I took agnus castus to get me oving. I had the tincture not the tablets. If I remember rightly you've to take it from day1-14 - but can't remember exactly. I know you've to be careful with it if you suspect you might be pregnant though as it can cause miscarriage. I do remember taking it every day of the month at first and when my period came it was as painful as one of my miscarriages, so I often wonder whether it was an early miscarriage.