1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Agency supply contract violation?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by schoolsout4summer, Mar 4, 2016.

1. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

1. On occasion I have worked at a school through agency A, then a month later I have worked at that same school through agency B.
    When you sign up for an agency your contract will state something like "you cannot work for a school within say 6 months of them introducing you to that school, yet as stated above, agency A received no payment. Is this correct?

2. Therefore, If I started up a limited company - which I understand to be a separate entity from myself, could I then, through that company, approach that same school directly and obtain work directly from them, without agency A or B having any claim on my earnings, or being entitled to any compensation?
    Would I be in breach of contract with anyone?

2. Deirds

Deirds Senior commenter

Not sure about the limited company legal side but I think the 2 situations are different.

3. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

You cannot apply independently of the agencies who meditated the work for you. So if two different agencies sent you to the same school, you have not done anything of your own volition.
    However if you then approach the school independently of either agency, within 6 months of last being placed there and they hire you directly, technically the introduction fee could be charged to the school and the school held to be in breach of the school's contract with the agency which will contain the same six month. Introduction period..
    I say technically because I can't find any precedent of an agency actually going to litigation with a school.