1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Agency placement (1:1 tutoring with LAC) with absolutely no support. Is this right?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by ScribblePad, Dec 4, 2018.

1. ScribblePad

ScribblePad New commenter

My supply agency has placed me doing 1:1 with a LAC. What I am bamboozled by is that I have NO contact / support with the virtual school even after repeatedly asking my agency. I am literally making it up as I go along. I've resourced myself with KS3 books, old SATS papers etc but surely I should be answerable to the virtual school and able to get support or resources. Is this what is happening to excluded kids..farmed out and unaccounted for?? I'm enjoying the challenge but I really don't feel its right. I would appreciate any advice. Do you know of any training for working 1:1? or fast tracking excluded kids and how to help them reaccess mainstream? I want to do my very best by this child, he has immense potential.