1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Agency Attitudes and Work To Be Had

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Lara mfl 05, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I must admit I've had this, butreckon as I'm paid to rate (via County + pension etc.) this is more than I'd get as a CS so I reckon that is still work & keeping me in touch with schools. In fact I'm rarely employed for just one single lesson but just get paid for actual lessons taught on an hourly rate AND I will only do it at the one school who offers me regular work, because it does lead to repeat boolongs which are full day paid to scale.

2. historygrump

historygrump Senior commenter Forum guide

I will be honest, I have never heard of this practice before and it sounds a shocking practice, I feel that you would have to consider is the job worth it, before you accept it, due to cost of travel, etc.

3. Very often, as i have found to my cost, the job as described over the phone at the time of booking, is very different from the one, which greets you when you arrive at the school. Only then do you find out that it is CS work, but by then, you are at the school, having paid whatever transport costs, so you have to make some return on the day.