1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Agencies vs Teachers' Strike

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by yourenglishteacher, Mar 12, 2011.

1. It seems to me that the agencies are trying to agitate supply teachers in time to for the strike.

2. Screw them. I don't hear of any support or understanding of our situation from 99% of contracted staff. I don't hear of any support/understanding from the unions. Go on strike and there are plenty of people willing to step in and take up the slack and they will work hard and not complain.

Having your cake and eating it springs to mind. We are in a dangerous situation to play a game of ***** waving with the government when there are so many qualified out of work. IN ALL AREAS.

3. Qualified supply teachers have a necessary and important role to play in many, if not most, schools. One of the problems is with LEAs, Ofsted, governors and the like turning a blind eye to sharp practise, when it is justified on the basis of 'financial cutbacks'.

4. Pennyforyourthoughts

Pennyforyourthoughts Occasional commenter

I think that permanent teachers instead of taking a pay freeze they should go back to doing cover and no PPA time......................... getting rid of the extra expense of Cover staff would save MILLIONS........................................... AND of course we supply teacher would get more work...

5. Those on board the gravy train have their needs met by unions who represent those on board the gravy train, everyone in turn are overseen by a load of people who have it really cushy on the gravytrain and everyone is being as quiet as possible trying to do as little as possible whilst dining at the trough.

As an student or supply teacher, you are not on the gravytrain and frankly, none of the above give a donkey's **** about you. As you don't have a voice, you might as well starve..... otherwise what are you going to do about it? Starve? Make a Fuss? Moan on a forum! Lol