1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Agencies thinking they own you

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Moony, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

So i get called up yesterday, am i free in the afternoon, so i say i'm not as i've got PPA to do for my easter revision courses (got a holiday job. To which the consultant then has a confused voice and asks how I'm getting paid as they've not heard anything about it. So I tell them it's through another company, they're like 'oh right, i thought it was through XX school'.

>.< Sorry, can I not sort my own holiday work out? The best bit was I spoke to this person about not being available for work on the day I went to be interviewed for this. This is also a nice addition to them trying to plead with me to work (the other consultant from the office)the day after I'd crashed my car earlier in the month! Bearing in mind with this call about work I still haven't got my new car sorted (mine got written off) as I'm still waiting on my insurance cheque for the value of the deaded one.