1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Agencies? Parasites more like.

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by skye78, Dec 19, 2019.

1. SineField

SineField Occasional commenter

No chips on me rest assured.... just telling it how it is!!

2. a1976

a1976 Established commenter

What exactly is it about h
    I'm curious as to what it is about this post that makes you think its writer has a chip on the shoulder? I quite agree with this post. There are too many "I want a job in SLT but don't want to do the work" types in these schools. And no, I don't have any sympathy for these schools either when they have to pay 300 or 400 pounds to bring in teachers via an agency, and keep on doing when the agency teachers doesn't stay because too many SLT are not doing what they are paid to do. I might add that too many teaching staff are not doing what they are supposed to do as well. They go in at 8.30 and are the first to leave yet somehow, someway, they are the ones that climb the SLT pole, or if not that, making it difficult for hardworking teachers because the slack artists think that the job is just an extension of college, or university (or these days, just plain school). The school environment is their safety net because they are too thick or cowards (or both) to make it in the real world.

JohnJCazorla likes this.