1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Agencies has already sent my CV and posts are now public. Should I apply?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rex, Jun 23, 2015.

1. rex

rex New commenter

Two schools that agencies have sent my CVs to have publicly advertised the posts. I do not know if one has discarded my application or not as I should have heard by now really, but I need to get in practice filling in app forms anyway. If I apply personally, will I be at a disadvantage?

2. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Schools tend to prefer candidates who apply personally - agencies demand a fee for "finding" a candidate, which can be very costly to the school.

Read Theo's blogs for a successful application. Good luck.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

If your application has already been sent by the agency there is no point in applying personally as they cannot accept a personal application once you have been proposed by an agency.

And, of course, being proposed by an agency puts you at a disadvantage always, I'm afraid, as CW says.

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

4. rex

rex New commenter

I do have an interview at one of the schools now anyway. Thanks for advice.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good luck!

Do you know where the interview advice is? Let me know if not.

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.