1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

aftershaves and man scents

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grandelf, Apr 30, 2011.

1. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Now i know we are in the 21st century and all, so sweat, oil and saw dust are no longer our defined smells.

Normally I like the smell of cool water, or Hugo boss 'man' as my day to day scent.

However for Xmas my kid brother decided to buy me the 'David Beckham' intimately.

Now not something i would normally wear. A mix of 'Sandalwood, Cardamom, Amber, Grapefruit, Nutmeg, Bergamot, Violet, Patchouli, Star Anise' It is different and something that is for a once in a while.

What are the the rest of use brut breakaway wearing? or what seems to smell nice on 'your man' (for the girls that had to peek!)

2. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I did try changing to menthol cigarettes on a hot date once. It worked out for me ok. She smkoed half the packet herself as well as I recall. I didn't get a reduction in the cost of our encounter though.
    Still far cheaper all round than a fifty quid bottle of gnat's pee, an expensive meal and the suggestion of a promise that wouldn't go anywhere bfore several more of the same.

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Ones I have liked (on men obviously!) Ted Baker Skinwear, Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, Hugo Boss, Boss & Boss Selection, and I know its sad but I adore the scent of the Hollister shop and am very tempted to get my OH one of those (not the shop lol, the Hollister fragrance). x

4. mickymilan

mickymilan New commenter

Acqua di gio - Armani

5. My favourite smell on a man, guaranteed to end the evening in a horizontal rumba is digestive biscuits.

6. Here's a question I would love to have aswered.

I used to LOVE the smell of the shower gel Tramp from Lush. Once a man walked past me and I swear his aftershave smelled just like Tramp. I wish I'd asked him what it was.
    Does anyone know of a fragrance that smells like Tramp? Lush don't make it anymore and it only existed as a shower gel in any case.

7. Upping because I'd like to know....

8. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Mr BS loves his DKNY and I like it too.

9. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

sorry Suzi no idea what (trump/tripe????) smells like so cant say what aftershave it would be.

10. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Love it...............sooooo sexy!!!
    Otherwise Calvin Klein Eternity for men.

11. Can't believe anyone likea the smell of hollister!! It is absolutely vile. Has stopped me being able to sit in the Starbucks i like because there is a holster next door and the smell makes me heave.

12. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

I swap between, IN2U by Calvin Klein, L'Homme (Lanvin) and Clinique's Happy (the orange one!)
    MM

13. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Lol well thats the thing about scents, very persoanl which is why they say not to buy them for others... I hate Ghost and alot of those very sweet perfumes, they give me a cracking headache.

14. I love Penhaligon stuff - Bleinham Bouquet. Has a hint of Vosene about it. Love it on a bloke.

15. Now there's a fragrance. Vosene, love it.

16. Reminds me of being a kid and there was only one bottle of shampoo in the bathroom and we all used it.
    Also carbolic soap? (Am I remembering it right?) Smelt 'clean'.

17. Oh yes, real smellies. Lol.

18. My husband has recently been wearing Davidoff cool Water - lovely, but my favourite that he wears is Fahrenheit (Dior, I think) - yum!

19. Mr JennyMus wears 212 sexy men - Carolina Herrera and One Million - Paco Rabanne. Either will guarantee him a very, very lucky evening........

20. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

I love Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male and Hugo Boss motion.