1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Afternoon tea at Betty's

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by rosievoice, Jul 7, 2011.

1. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

That's it really. I am just sharing some good news. Mr RV and I are heading to Yorkshire soon for a holiday, and I have been promised a deluxe afternoon tea at Betty's in Harrogate. I can't wait! Calorie heaven.

2. Yum yum yum yum!! I went for my birthday treat! I'm jealous!

3. Ooh, lucky you [​IMG] I've heard wonderful things about Betty's, never been though. When are you off to Yorkshire?

4. rosievoice

Going on Saturday, returning next week. I will report back on its scrumptiousness!

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

Their savouries are really good too - I had one of the best ever Welsh Rarebits at Betty's in York, as well as amazing cakes.
    From my point of view, their coffee is disappointing (I like it very strong and don't drink tea!) though!
    Enjoy!

6. voodoo child

voodoo child New commenter

We had the champagne afternoon tea there - it was great! Enjoy!

7. rosievoice

I shall !

8. henriette

henriette New commenter

how was your visit?

9. rosievoice

Hi.Thank you for asking! I only got back home a few hours ago. York and Harrogate were wonderful, as was Betty's. Their afternoon tea is simply wonderful, full of flavour and calories. It isn't cheap, but so what? I whole-heartedly recommend Betty's to everyone who likes to eat.
    They also do a very good mail order service......