1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

After the riots, who feels "I'm not surprised"? + petition

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by BFofTeacher, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Which teachers amongst you felt, looking at the riots, "I'm not at all surprised, I've seen it coming for years" ?
    You've seen the dirsruptions in class, the weakness of the system which just keeps letting the *** get away with it, and puts the blame on you, the teacher, the one who is trying their best.
    Many of you face abuse, stressful classes, and even the risk of violence on a daily basis - problems which your predecessors a generation or two ago would not have dreamed could happen to them.

Employers in other sectors of the British workplace would face legal action if they didn't prevent this kind of harassment - why,therefore, should teachers have to put it?
    If you're fed up with it, please sign this e-petition here.
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/9219
    And please, please, get all of your colleagues and friends to sign it too!

2. Which teachers amongst you felt, looking at the riots, "I'm not at all surprised, I've seen it coming for years" ?
    You've seen the dirsruptions in class, the weakness of the system which just keeps letting the *** get away with it, and puts the blame on you, the teacher, the one who is trying their best.
    Many of you face abuse, stressful classes, and even the risk of violence on a daily basis - problems which your predecessors a generation or two ago would not have dreamed could happen to them.

Employers in other sectors of the British workplace would face legal action if they didn't prevent this kind of harassment - why,therefore, should teachers have to put it?
    If you're fed up with it, please sign this e-petition here.
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/9219
    And please, please, get all of your colleagues and friends to sign it too!

3. [​IMG]

4. Not surprised in the slightest. Petition signed.

5. I'm not a teacher but I hope this strikes a chord with everyone. Petition signed.

6. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Duly signed.
    I've been saying for years that teachers are being subjected to often daily harassment in the workplace and no-one is doing anything about it.
    I've had enough already at my recent supply school and will not return there once my placement is up, even though it is almost certain to be a longer vacancy. Roll on October!

7. feather

feather New commenter

I would like to sign this petition. I cannot without revealing my identity to the thugs who put me in hospital. I am part way through a criminal compensation claim because the lawyer said its too difficult to sue the LEA. We now know what happens when those in LEA offices do nothing but put others in danger. It is down to years of them doing nothing. To any teachers who are in danger WALK OUT NOW. I retrained in law to find out why the LEA can continue with its practice of placing dangerous children in mainstream schools with impunity. The law backs the LEA to stop the floodgates opening. You are to be sacrificed on that alter. By definition the authorities know the size of the problem and the extent of the danger. The law as it stands protects the government from being sued. Hence the advice WALK OUT NOW if you are in danger. This country does not deserve you.