1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

After the interview

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by bethany2009, Jul 19, 2011.

1. I am so anxious at the moment. I have just been to an interview and am banging my head on what I shouldn't have said and what I should have said. I said something very stupid at one point and also said um um um several times. Has anyone been in that situation before.

2. I am so anxious at the moment. I have just been to an interview and am banging my head on what I shouldn't have said and what I should have said. I said something very stupid at one point and also said um um um several times. Has anyone been in that situation before.

3. Every interview!
    You always think of what you should have said afterwards! The things you thought went wrong are rarely the things mentioned in feedback! Don't cut yourself up about it. I write down the questions I struggled with so I can have a better go next time.

4. I had an interview for a long term supply stint yesterday. Didn't get it - not devastated because I'd mainly gone for it for a reason that I WAS successful in.
    Reason being four years ago was the last time I did job apps or interviews - went for one interview where they were just utterly horrid, pretty much made us wait in a cupboard they'd put chairs in and the head utterly shredded my demo lesson based on utterly unfair things - her personal preferences, my dress, the planning format I'd used - nothing on my actual classroom performance but it was a vicious verbal disembowling that would have put anything seen on The Apprentice into shadow. It knocked my confidence so badly in the demo lesson arena that I never applied for anything ever again.
    Agency asked if I'd be interested in going forward for this long term and I thought I'd give that a go, then they told me I had to do the demo lesson again. This time the feedback I got was SOOOOOOO positive on the lesson and actually seemed very sincere (didn't get the post because I'd been on supply too long - surprising you get a supply teacher from a supply agency huh?) and the way I'd interacted with the children - I still feel like I've actually won out in that I've shaken off that evil head from all those years ago.
    Just don't let it knock your confidence - the whole system's hideous on you anyway.

5. I have had that on about being on supply too long, too. The irony was that, like you, I was told about the position by an agency, which put me forward for the job, that the interview would be on such a day and that I would be sent the details by e-mail. When these did not arrive, I called the agency, which told me that school was not interested in applications from supply teachers.