1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

After School Clubs- HT forcing us to take them

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by and1e1, Jan 30, 2019.

1. and1e1

and1e1 New commenter

Deleted

2. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Could you negotiate that 1 hour exchange to be an early finish one day so you gain some time with your children? Swings and roundabouts kind of thing? Could your children get to your school to join your club?

3. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Star commenter

Outside of directed time you cannot be directed when and where to do anything.

agathamorse and grumpydogwoman like this.
  4. bevdex

bevdex Star commenter

I'm keeping a running total of my directed time this year. It's an interesting exercise! If it continues like this, I might actually run out of hours before the end of the academic year. THAT will be a very interesting scenario!

agathamorse likes this.
  5. Weald56

Weald56 Established commenter

I don't know what type of school we're talking about here, but I have seen a colleague (who didn't play bridge) run the secondary school bridge club - he just sat there, marking/preparing lessons, whilst they played!

Or maybe choose a club that few want to do, and the club only exists 'in theory'!

agathamorse likes this.