1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

after school club

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by irisheyes1, Jan 17, 2008.

1. I have been asked to do an after school club for 6 weeks either in this or the spring term. I would like to do a KS1 club as I like the little ones and teach reception but honestly I cannot think of anything suitable. I am not good at Arts and Crafts..my TA does all that bit in class. Anyone got any ideas of a club I could run for about an hour once a week? I would really appreciate some ideas!

2. I have been asked to do an after school club for 6 weeks either in this or the spring term. I would like to do a KS1 club as I like the little ones and teach reception but honestly I cannot think of anything suitable. I am not good at Arts and Crafts..my TA does all that bit in class. Anyone got any ideas of a club I could run for about an hour once a week? I would really appreciate some ideas!

3. a garden club
    dance club
    art would be an obvious one but if you dont like art then not so easy!!!
    computer club
    story club...listebing to stories, ona tape or reading together and individually..making up stories..need to make sure that its not seen as a chore for them tho

em will try to think of some more

4. do you have an outside area? I have also got to run a club so have decided to run an 'outside area club' where the children will have the opportunity to use our outside provision eg bikes, large bricks, pushchairs and lots of lovely other things they do not usually get to use in their class. The work will be child initiated,there for need very little planning from me! ( It will also be interesting to see how slightly older children will use the area.

5. Active games and fitness - like running games, capture games, obstacle courses e.t.c.

6. Thanks guys for the ideas for the after school club. I really like the one about the outside area greenmacca that might work. Glitzandglam the clubs you mentioned have been done already and I have to think of something different...if you do think of anything else let me know! Anyone else?