1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

After school Boxing

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by ac99, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Does anyone know what qualification I need to teach boxing in school?
    I'm a technology teacher and am a bit unsure about after school clubs etc. Also is there any issues with insurance I should be aware of?
    Thanks

2. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

There must be an organisation equivalent to the FA that organises competitive boxing.
    I imagine that they train coaches and accredit them, and would have more information.
    P

3. ferrisbueller

ferrisbueller New commenter

Nope, but I remember a wiser elder of teaching once telling me of a story of a school that had a boxing ring in the gym.
    If there were problems between two students the Headteacher used to get them down to the gym, stick boxing gloves on them and tell them to sort it out once and for all.
    This meant they would beat the hell out of each other in a boxing ring with the Head as ref. Invariably, this worked and problems of fights in playgrounds, out of school reduced dramatically.
    However, this maybe an urban myth as my wise colleague had a few stories up his sleeve !! [​IMG]

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

5. Cool, thanks!