1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

After PTLLS?

Discussion in 'English' started by kayleeann, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Hi all

I haven't found the right advice on the TEFL forums, can anyone help? I've just finished PTLLS and would like to get myself a decent TEFL course to max my chances of getting good work in East Asia. I was considering CELTA but found out that PTLLS forms a good portion of the course material. Is there a top up or the like that I can do, or a well respected alternative that won't leave me going over old ground? Thanks so much!

2. Hi,
    Have a look at Dave's esl cafe website or waygook.org (if you are thinking about South Korea). There is a great deal of info on these sites. Not all countries require a CELTA or TEFAL course but it would give you an advantage over other applicants. I think these courses have to be at recognised centres where your teaching is assessed - online courses are not acceptable, as far as I know.

3. Sorry - i meant TEFL not TEFAL