1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

After eight weeks...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Kinsa, Nov 21, 2011.

1. I no longer have a hole in my ceiling and it's all been painted!!. Have moved most of the furniture back into the living room and OH has promised to fit new ceiling lights when we get back from holiday. The hole in the wall left by the demolition of the hideous fireplace, however, may be the next saga. (It was built to withstand a direct nuclear strike and we had to hire a pneumatic drill to get rid of it!) Anyone else in the middle of home 'improvements'?

2. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

Glad your hole is fixed Kinsa, mine is still there and I haven't done anything about it yet! We've just had double glazing at the front of the house, loft insulation fitted, a new back door and the new coal fire is coming this week! Only the bathroom left to tile, which is being done over Christmas while we are away - oh and the hole in the ceiling to sort out!
    We have never had so much work done on the house before.

3. At some point I have to tackle the woodchip in the spare room (before the baby comes) and stop doing the tactic I've used for the last year of close the door and deny it exists... with the state of the walls in this house and the fact the shower tray in the adjacent bathroom's leaked in the past - I suspect that half the wall will come down with the woodchip.
    Am considering baby just having to deal with painted woodchip on the walls till they're 18 to be honest.
    We really need all the walls in the house reskimming but haven't got the money (or motivation to repaint them all again) to be honest.

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Hurrah....it has gone! It was pretty gruesome wasn't it?

5. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

We have just got planning permission for a new hundred acre shoe and boot storage facility.

6. Not exactly gone - there are 36 rubble sacks waiting to go to to the dump. We've already taken 20 plus in two journeys! It will be replaced by something much more elegant - eventually!!

7. You win, Katy! I'll bet every room was in disarray!