Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.
Don't forget to look at the how to guide.
Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by LogiGal, Mar 21, 2012.
I have no idea why the html type writing appeared at the beginning of my post - sorry
You sound like a worthy candidate for AH or DH to me. I like the fact that you are not arrogant about your achievements - good teachers never are, they always want to improve. The Key Question is "Why do you want to be a Deputy, or Assistant Head?" ..............???? ...........................????
The only proper reason to want to be a Deputy in my book is that you want to go on and be a HT. Assistant Head could just be a career move.
If you really want to be a HT ask yourself
1) Am I resilient, especially emotionally?
2) Am I good with a whole range of people?
3) Am I good at solving problems and finding creative solutions?
4) (Is it about me/status, or) is it about making a difference, serving the community?
5) Are you able to organise yourself and others well?
If you answered Yes to all 5, go for it and Good Luck. It's a great job if you don't weaken!
I would say that 2 - 3 years' worth of improving a major aspect of school is a sufficient measure. Don't sell yourself short, you have much to offer.