1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

After a compromise agreement - what to put on application for new job?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by azzie, Mar 13, 2016.

1. azzie

azzie New commenter

I left my previous employment with a compromise/settlement agreement after some awful experiences. For the past two terms I have been on supply (in on school) and now a permanent job has been advertised and I have been encouraged to apply. My dilemma is what do I put on the application form for my reason for leaving my prior employment. The Head knows the full details but obviously the forms will be read and hopefully shortlisted by a panel. What do I say to not raise concerns but to be accurate/truthful as to my reason for leaving?

thanks

2. mrsnjwilliams

mrsnjwilliams New commenter

Why don't you ask the head for advice if he knows the circumstances? If they are encouraging you to apply then I'm sure they'll support you to complete the application x

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent suggestion from @mrsnjwilliams .

You could in fact ask if it would be OK to write Personal reasons. This is not generally advised, as you can imagine, but if the Head knows what they are, and agrees that you can say that for confidentiality, then that's no longer a problem.

Best wishes

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I wrote 'to explore other primary settings' in mine.
    Didn't stop me getting me that first temporary post and the next, permanent, one as well.

Don't worry unduly, your head has encouraged you to apply. They clearly aren't fussed about the settlement, so you shouldn't be either.