1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

African village role play

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by nearly qualified, May 3, 2012.

1. Hi
    My topic this half term is Africa and African animals; we have had a jungle for 3 weeks now and the children are getting a bit bored of it now so I am thinking of changing it to an African village - has anyone done this before? What sort of things did you put in it?
    Things I have thought of so far are:
    Making some sort of African hut, Kangas to dress up in, large bowls, beads to make necklaces, African materials, some jungle animals.
    What else can I put in it to jazz it up a bit?
    Thanks in advance x

2. Hi
    My topic this half term is Africa and African animals; we have had a jungle for 3 weeks now and the children are getting a bit bored of it now so I am thinking of changing it to an African village - has anyone done this before? What sort of things did you put in it?
    Things I have thought of so far are:
    Making some sort of African hut, Kangas to dress up in, large bowls, beads to make necklaces, African materials, some jungle animals.
    What else can I put in it to jazz it up a bit?
    Thanks in advance x