1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

African Dancing...? Please help us!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jules_99, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Hello all!
    We require an African Dancing workshop / people to come into to school to teach for our next topic. I have looked on the internet and asked around but nothing is really jumping out at me! If you have done this in your school I would be really grateful if anyone could let me know the details of any companies etc. We are in Oxfordshire if that helps!

All replies greatly appracitaed - hope everyone's Chrsitmas plays are as tiring as mine at the moment too! [​IMG]

2. We had these excellent dancers in our school:
    http://www.mightyzulunation.com/homepage.html

Absolutely fabulous. Spent the day, did performance for infants, performance for juniors with some interactivity. Then did a workshop for KS2 which ended in a performance for the parents at home time. Really excellent.

3. We had an AMAZING african dance workshop man come in from a company called wisemoves! His name is louie and he is from the congo Africa he brings face paint for traditional painting, African dress for up to 30 children plus staff and really puts on an OUTSTANDING workshop. The children still talk about it now! I really couldnt recommend it anymore! Please let me know how it goes!