1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Africa, Year 4

Discussion in 'Music' started by organist79, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Due to the creative curriculum I need to find a musical with Africa based as the theme for Year 4. Does anyone have any ideas? Similar problem last year when form tutors wrote a script and I dealt with words and music, none of us wish to repeat this experience! Anything 'off the shelf' is fine as we can adapt, but I'm struggling to find anything to start with.

Thanks

2. Due to the creative curriculum I need to find a musical with Africa based as the theme for Year 4. Does anyone have any ideas? Similar problem last year when form tutors wrote a script and I dealt with words and music, none of us wish to repeat this experience! Anything 'off the shelf' is fine as we can adapt, but I'm struggling to find anything to start with.

Thanks

3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

How about Debbie Campbell's musical about African elephants:
    http://www.debbiecampbell.co.uk/pages/big_momma_new_main.html
    I don't know this particular one, but most of her works are tuneful, flexible and very suitable for Y4.

4. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

The Lion King?

5. Hi, Organist79, I provide African drumming workshops for schools, should you want to incorporate some drumming into your production. Please take a look at my thread on the marketplace forum, or email me for further details.
    b.ayengio@yahoo.co.uk

6. bod99

bod99 New commenter

I'll do it for £30 cheaper, but I have a feeling that the poster was asking about musicals.

7. bod99

bod99 New commenter

If you end up writing your own, perhaps you could base it on the Anansi stories? Some great animal characters and messages. There's lots of songs about animals and some songs on the Sing Up site would match the moral messages.

8. LOL. You'll have to report yourself now, Bod99.