1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AFL in Reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by qualiteacher, May 27, 2011.

1. qualiteacher

qualiteacher New commenter

How do you do it in your class?

2. I think we do it all the time in reception because we talk to te children so much. Do your senior management want to see more evidence?
    If we need evidnece we will record conversations onto paper. We also use traffic lights and peer assessment if it is suitable.

3. qualiteacher

qualiteacher New commenter

Yes, I mean things such as sharing Learning Intentions and success criteria and getting children to assess their work.

4. We will share learning intentions and success criteria( again by talking)- if it is suitable for the session/activity. .

5. A brillint way is the use of a target wall with layered targets. Different children are given different targets for an ELG covered that term. The children then see their name/picture moved up the target wall accordingly, at the end of each session, alongside verbal feedback. 'You were working on ...... target, today you showed me you can do ......, so you are now moving on to ......target. Brilliant!' & the fact that the children can see their progress is really motivating from them.
    We had one boy leap across the room, stop 'I did it!!' then carry on leaping!