1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AFL and marking for PSHE?? Help please

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by MARTAFDZ, Feb 25, 2011.

1. I have been booked to supply for the PSHE teacher until the end of the academic year. It is only once a week and up to GSCE level. I am confident with the subject and I have plenty of resources but I have not had to mark this subject before and I am not sure how to assess progress or mark any work. I have been googling it but I cannot find any tables with levels or steps of achievement.
    I only had to mark languages and I find it easier, since sentences are either right or wrong, I can see how much vocabulary they have learnt, etc. I am not sure how to assess PSHE and how often, since I will have a 2h weekly class with 3 groups. When on daily supply, I was happy to see that they understood the causes and consequences of issues, when they offered solutions and used problem solving or when they could reason courses of action and create their own guides to be safe or live a healthy lifestyle. However, I will need something to record all that, proof their progress and obtain data for feedback. Something I can show students and parents. What do you use? Have you got any ideas? [​IMG]

2. I have been booked to supply for the PSHE teacher until the end of the academic year. It is only once a week and up to GSCE level. I am confident with the subject and I have plenty of resources but I have not had to mark this subject before and I am not sure how to assess progress or mark any work. I have been googling it but I cannot find any tables with levels or steps of achievement.
    I only had to mark languages and I find it easier, since sentences are either right or wrong, I can see how much vocabulary they have learnt, etc. I am not sure how to assess PSHE and how often, since I will have a 2h weekly class with 3 groups. When on daily supply, I was happy to see that they understood the causes and consequences of issues, when they offered solutions and used problem solving or when they could reason courses of action and create their own guides to be safe or live a healthy lifestyle. However, I will need something to record all that, proof their progress and obtain data for feedback. Something I can show students and parents. What do you use? Have you got any ideas? [​IMG]

3. oggs26

oggs26 New commenter

The problem with PSHE is there isnt level descriptors for THerefore it would be has a reasonable knowledge and understanding, good and excellent knowledge etc. If its to GCSE then there should be levels for it or is it part of preparation for working life and therefore it wpuld be level 2 is like a A-C grade D-E is a level 1.
    I think therefore you need to see what the school mark scheme is and adapt. sorry i cant be more help

4. oggs26

oggs26 New commenter

The problem with PSHE is there isnt level descriptors for THerefore it would be has a reasonable knowledge and understanding, good and excellent knowledge etc. If its to GCSE then there should be levels for it or is it part of preparation for working life and therefore it wpuld be level 2 is like a A-C grade D-E is a level 1.
    I think therefore you need to see what the school mark scheme is and adapt. sorry i cant be more help