1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Afghanistan beats West Indies in 20/20 world cup

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Mar 27, 2016.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

What a happy day for Afghanistan!

FrankWolley likes this.
  2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

WooHoo!!!

A happy day indeed!

:D

3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Sadly the change in rules for the next World Cup (to 10 teams only) makes it less likely that Afghanistan, the Netherlands, Ireland, Scotland etc. will be there. A great shame and missed opportunity, IMHO.

racroesus likes this.
  4. Dragonlady30

Absolutely! :mad:

minnie me likes this.
  5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Really pleased for Afghanistan but why aren't they showing the England women !! ?

6. Dragonlady30

No one wants to watch women's sport, including tennis. ;)

7. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

err ....I do and have attended matches ( cricket and rugby union )

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  8. inky

inky Lead commenter

We don't have a telly but have enjoyed coverage of both the men's and the women's tournaments on BBC five live and talks port 2.

It was lovely to see Chris Gayle celebrating with the Afghan players. The spirit of cricket is alive and well.

9. inky

inky Lead commenter

We don't have a telly but have enjoyed coverage of both the men's and the women's tournaments on BBC five live and talksport 2.

It was lovely to see Chris Gayle celebrating with the Afghans players. The spirit of cricket is alive and well.

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

We don't have a telly but have enjoyed coverage of both the men's and the women's tournaments on BBC five live and talksport 2.

It was lovely to see Chris Gayle celebrating with the Afghan players. The spirit of cricket is alive and well.

11. inky

inky Lead commenter

I shall only watch women's tennis like I used to do when the shrieking has been banned.

12. inky

inky Lead commenter

Back in the 60s, 70s and 80s, we all watched women's tennis.

However, that's a digression. Cricket is a huge force for good in the world, and to see the joy shared by cricket-lovers everywhere in the victory won by poor, unhappy Afghanistan is something to cherish.

13. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Have you read ' Penguins Stopped Play ' by Harry Thompson ? Great book about cricket and the love of / for the game.

14. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I won't pay to line Murdoch's pockets so watching cricket on TV is a thing of the past.

I just can't be bothered with T20. Nothing wrong with it but I'm a Test-fan. TMS or going to the ground for me.

But well done to Afghanistan. Cricket in the W Indies is also a thing of the past though. When we went to Barbados last year there were hardly any local fans at the Oval. Sad. The ground was 90% English supporters.

15. inky

inky Lead commenter

Test cricket is still the best. 20/20 is a lollipop. All the same, I've enjoyed listening to the matches on the radio this year.

Are you a WCCC member, grumpy? I was for years but let it slip when I moved to London. I really miss my regular seat and walking along the banks of the river Lea on match days.

16. grumpydogwoman

No, I'm not. And I really ought to be. That is actually part of my cunning plan. You have reminded me. I had better get on it. ;):)

17. inky

inky Lead commenter

Membership is good value, and, as a bonus, you get to be one of the snoots who get booed when the mexican waves stop at the enclosure!

18. grumpydogwoman

£305

That is a bargain. Especially as I've been meaning to indoctrinate the grandchildren this year. And anyone else I can lay my hands on. What say my grandson plays for England, eh? I see him as opening batsman. We always hoped elder daughter would marry Jimmy Anderson! Sadly it was not to be. :oops:

6. Family Pavilion (2 Adults, 2 Juniors) ·

• Access to all Domestic matches including LVCC, 50 Over Cup and NatWest T20 Blast

• Priority booking for major match tickets

• Four free guest tickets worth £70 to be used at LVCC and 50 Over Cup matches

• Access to Members Only areas for all Domestic games

• Exclusive discounts on club merchandise

• Programme of exclusive Members events and Complimentary Yearbook

19. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

20. inky

inky Lead commenter

Seniors pay £205. Sadly, we're not in brum enough to justify even that. :(