1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AEA Teaching resources

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Betamale, Jul 4, 2011.

1. I am wondering if there are any 'teaching' resources beyond the past papers for this course?
    I have never really looked into it but as it will be here until at least 2015 I thought I may see if there are any suggestions from teachers?
    Thanks

2. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

The Further Maths Support Programme sometimes does online sessions for students about AEA - try fmnetwork.org.uk

3. Edexcel also has mark schemes (not sure if I'm stating the bleedin' obvious here or not - if so, sorry).
    There are discussion threads for the last few years on TSR, which will give you an idea of how students tend to actually find the exam etc. (My own observation - nearly everyone seems to struggle on the vectors question; I'm amazed how many people take the exam while effectively throwing away almost 20 marks because they can't handle vectors at this level).

4. Thanks guys.
    I have a lovely little STEP resource but would like some stuff for the AEA to help my teaching and my kids. I shall have a look at the suggestions made [​IMG]

5. What's the lovely little STEP resource? I have been looking for such a thing!

6. DM

DM New commenter

[​IMG]

7. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

8. Yes thats the one, I apologise, I missed the post.
    I dont class myself as good enough to teach/assist STEP but this sure did help my teaching and thought process.