1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ADVISORY and INCLUSION TEACHER POST

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by slack, Jun 15, 2019.

1. slack

slack New commenter

Hi,

I have an interview for a job as Advisory and Inclusion Teacher - Primary and Secondary. I wondered if anyone could help with possible questions/answers for the formal interview part please?

Thank you

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I was seconded after an interview to a similar part time post shadowing the GI for SEND / Inclusion a long time ago. I can 't recall the questions @ the formal interview. It was a fabulous privilege / opportunity. I went on to have some of my work published as casestudies. I see on the other thread that another poster @grumbleweed has helpfully offered some suggestions as to the nature of the questions you may face. I admit to being more than a bit shocked that in your post you also make reference to being provided with answers ? There is a kind of irony here in that you want to be successful in a lead rôle in an advisory capacity ? !

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Spend some time thinking about children you have worked with who have been at risk of exclusion or who have needed support to make it into the mainstream.
    Be prepared to discuss the sorts of strategies that will enable a potential failure within the education system to be successful.
    It should be that some of the interview (whether in the formal part or in the pre-interview "tour") will be asking them what they currently do.
    If you can't think of ideas, then I echo @minnie me.

4. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

I forgot to mention in my post, you might be asked about off rolling.