1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ADVISORY and INCLUSION TEACHER POST

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by slack, Jun 15, 2019.

1. slack

slack New commenter

Hi,
    I have an interview for a post as advisory and inclusion teacher -countywide primary and secondary. I wondered if anyone had any ideas for possible question/answers please?

Thanks

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Is it a straight interview or is there a presentation? I've done advisory type interviews, each very different (not inclusion but if it's the LA there will be a typically standard approach)
    In one we had to do a role play advising a really awkward setting/teacher.
    In the other there was an unseen presentation which I had 30 min to prepare and create using ppt.
    Then the more formal interview panel.
    It depends entirely on what service your team offers and what the remit of the role is.
    You could be asked about how you will support and challenge eg to a new school Senco.
    You'll need to be thoroughly knowledgeable about the SEND code of practice and systems of support
    I'd expect a question about parents and the child's voice.
    Something about safeguarding in relation to vulnerable learners.
    Your experience especially as the role crosses both primary and secondary and not many people have expertise in both.
    What skills you have to deliver training.
    What the data picture is nationally and in your area.
    What specific SEND expertise you have eg ASD, sensory impairment etc...they will be looking for someone to complement their existing team.
    Your experience and knowledge of multi agency working.

Of course maybe this is a role in a MAT? In which case I don't know.
    Plus this probably isn't the best place for this question, you could ask to move it to careers forum?

3. slack

slack New commenter

Thank you for your help. Yes there is a presentation also.