1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"Adviser" roles in Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by serverservant, Sep 4, 2011.

1. serverservant

serverservant New commenter

Seen a few adverts of teacher advisers in Abu Dhabi. Just wondering if anyone knows what salaries are like compared to teaching and if anyone has done this job before?

2. serverservant

serverservant New commenter

Seen a few adverts of teacher advisers in Abu Dhabi. Just wondering if anyone knows what salaries are like compared to teaching and if anyone has done this job before?

3. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Hi,
    ADEC via Teachanywhere- is this what you are refering to?
    The salaries are directly related to your level of education, your highest held post in previous job and the number of years teaching experience. So this will vary according to each person - so those who were DHT's in previous post, with 5 yrs experience and a masters will get more salary than person with 8yrs experience, Subject Leader and no masters.
    My only advice would be to take mobile with internet capability to do an exchange rate calculation- if you are offered a post they will tell you salary in Dirhams. Very few people I know can quickly calculate these thing on the spot without knowing the exchange rate.
    I did search for ADEC related posts, but there are no recent ones.
    BPG

4. There have been several people posting on this site over that last few years regarding this. Are you still out there?

5. Not wishing to be a kill joy but from my advisor freinds who have been in these posts for a few years now, the PPP projects are actually winding down in UAE. Quiet a few have not had their contracts renewed and with S*PP/G*ms wipe of senior management has rid of quiet a few of their managers too during the summer. I wouldnt risk the odd year and no job after or even part way through the year against a secure job in the UK just yet with these posts.

6. Sefaela

Sefaela New commenter

I was offered a post (to work for ADEC) on 15th August 2011 and I am still waiting to see a contract. Been told that security checks haven't been done yet and there have been new rules introduced which are slowing things down. Can anyone cast any light on this?

7. 576

576 Established commenter

I knew someone who went to Abu Dhabi as a teacher advisor.
    He had a media degree.
    Did an RE PGCE
    Got a position as a media teacher!
    Then at the end of his NQT year went off to A D as an advisor on the new curriculum that they were bringing in in the UK!
    The new one - that he had no experience of & he had very little experience of teaching at all.
    I felt sorry for those he was advising & wondered if anyone else had even applied for the job!