1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advise needed on university interview

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by bconway7, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Hello, i am currently at college studying a BTEC in Sport Development Coaching and Fitness and am applying for the BA HON PRIMARY EDUCATION WITH QTS X120 at university. I have recieved four offers to attend interviews and was just wondering if anyone had any advise as to how i should go about it.
    Please get back to me if you can help me.
    Barnaby Conway

2. Dress smart. I went in wearing trousers, shirt and tie, didn't bother with a suit. But to be honest it depends what you feel most comfortable in. You are likely to be given a English/Maths test, know these don't stretch you and are normally very simple (write a sheet of A4 on yourself etc.) So crack out your best handwriting, spelling and grammar. ;)
    Take a portfolio, mainly picture based, of work you have done with children - Don't forget to get consent if pictures of children! This could be anything do with coaching to work exp to EC activities. Before you wonder why picture based - Interviewers don't have the time to read pages and pages, so pictures make it easy and quick. :)
    Don't stress too much and choose the University which not only offers good teaching, but where you feel comfortable.

Out of interest, which Universities are you applying to. :)

3. F1sydney

F1sydney New commenter

Use the word reflect a lot - they love it! [​IMG]