1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by fauzia64, Jan 9, 2012.

1. I have found myself in a difficult situation where I probably need to whistleblow. I don't want to go into details as it makes me identifiable. I am concerned about many actions of the headteacher in a school I have just begun working in to the extent where I believe child and staff safety may be compromised. How do you whistleblow on a headteacher?

2. I have found myself in a difficult situation where I probably need to whistleblow. I don't want to go into details as it makes me identifiable. I am concerned about many actions of the headteacher in a school I have just begun working in to the extent where I believe child and staff safety may be compromised. How do you whistleblow on a headteacher?

3. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

I recommend you give the helpline of the organisation Public Concern at Work a ring, in addition to your union.
    www.pcaw.org.uk
    This organisation provides information and support for whistle-blowers, including free legal support. They can advise you how to go about whistle-blowing and ensure that you are protected in doing so.

4. or you could contact the local authority - every school should have a whistle blowing or confidential reporting policy that tells you what to do