1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by flower16, Jul 12, 2011.

1. <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">Hi just wanted to know when does the 16 month time limit for supply start? I did supply work as a student teacher before being qualified towards the end of my last year of teaching degree. I then did not do any supply due to lack of supply work. I just wanted to know does the time limit start before you are qualifed as a teacher or after you have gained qts? Any advice much appreciated. thanks
    </td></tr></table>

2. <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">Hi just wanted to know when does the 16 month time limit for supply start? I did supply work as a student teacher before being qualified towards the end of my last year of teaching degree. I then did not do any supply due to lack of supply work. I just wanted to know does the time limit start before you are qualifed as a teacher or after you have gained qts? Any advice much appreciated. thanks
    </td></tr></table>

3. The very first day you do supply the deadline countdown starts.

4. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

It's the first supply date after you have gained QTS. The clock starts ticking from then regardless of how much/little teaching you actually do. It continues until you pass induction.
    You can apply to an LA for a 12 month extension when the 16 months are used up.

5. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The rule is a fact of law so you need to complain to your MP particularly now as there is a review under way as part of the White Paper. It is only post qualification supply that counts.