1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice sought for getting a job at an IB school

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by marilyn2, Oct 17, 2019.

1. yasf

yasf Established commenter

No, it's unlikely there would be much of an issue with that kind of school. It's more likely that the schools you applied to are just super competitive. Good overseas British schools can receive 100s if not 1000s of applications for each post.

2. irie15

irie15 New commenter

Yes - unfortunately I don't think I played up my experience of spec/curriculum changes enough. I just wish some international schools didn't treat a lack of IBDP experience as the equivalent of having no knowledge of your subject!

A super useful piece of advice - I hadn't thought to browse student forums (tbh honest I didn't realise teenagers still used forums!), but the ones I've looked at so far are a really useful starting point. I've also started stalking Twitter for IBDP Lit/Lang teachers and trawling through the resources they've shared to get a clearer idea of expectations of essay content, etc.

3. irie15

irie15 New commenter

Yes, the Principal did say there were over 100 applicants for the role and they only interviewed 8, so maybe I should count myself lucky for having even reached the interview stage without IB experience.