1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice regarding QTS and OTTP

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by Tracey Adam, Feb 5, 2010.

1. HI. I am also SA teacher but been here in the UK 3.5 years...not going to go in to too much detail as you can read a little of my expereince on a post titled 'Do UK not want OTT?' (or something like that...)
    If I were in your shoes,I wouldn't waste my time trying the OTTP or GTP...they are very difficult to get onto and impossible (OTTP) if you are already not employed at a school.
    PGCE would be your best bet.
    Good luck.

2. PS...excuse rather rushed reply.

3. I would also recommend the advice of the earlier poster. PGCE is more straight forward, the only drawback is that it will set you back financially (between £8k to £10k) if you do not have Indefinite Leave or British Nationality. I did it last year and now I have a permanent post with a decent wage.

4. Hi there

Another South African teacher here. Where in the UK are you? If you can provide an email address I can give you more information.
    Kind regards

5. It does seem a little excessive when one already has the equivalent... I'm also stuck in the Catch 22 of not being able to find a school willing to employ me without UK QTS and not being able to do the OTTP with out being employed first. This despite having about 14 years teaching experience in Biology and having HDE and PGDHE. All I can say is that all of us in this situation will have to vasbyt - we'll get there in the end.

6. Hi ya

Thanks for your motivational post.

I am also OTT and looking for school to help me.

I have few question like what are the evidences required. Do we have list for which the evidences required?

-What type of proof will be collected and treated as a evidence?
    -Can I collect and show the evidence in doing supply teaching in other school before joining OTTP?
    -Would it be possible for you to share some example of that?

Thanks for your help and I will look forward to hear further from you.

My email address is priyanka_bhatia2@yahoo.com. Please send me some list.

Thanks
    Priyanka