1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice regarding Literacy planning for KS2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sa101, Aug 28, 2007.

1. New to literacy planning. Currently been teaching in a different country to England, bit stuck on this literacy teaching.

Got my planning as we are using the old literacy strands.

Weekly planning okay, just a quick query, I will be teaching a KS2 class of about 33 children. Will have one other adult in the class to help, not sure if there will be any more due to funding.

When I am planning out my group activities, is it okay to split the groups into 4 groups per ability or does it have to be 6 groups i.e. 2 tops, 2 middle, 2 lower. Would 4 groups be okay, or not ?

Also if I plan for the carousel effect, is it therefore okay for me to have 3 groups working on an independent task with help from the TA and myself working with 1 group on the guided group work ?

I would therefore be spending the majority of Friday recapping in the main whole class activity and getting the 4 groups to catch up on the 1 activity that they would have missed.

What other ways are there of teaching the carousel way to ensure that all groups complete all the tasks ?? Advice appreciated.

Can anyone email me a weekly plan of their literacy for a KS2 class so that I can see how it is done day by day. I would appreciate some help

Thanks

poppy1011970@yahoo.co.uk

2. Help please !!!

3. ecawemma

ecawemma New commenter

This may be way too late to help now sa101 - but tyr looking at the teaching sequence ideas on www.emmarogers.org.uk
    Hope that helps!